Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tucson

We wanted to show you all what our little apartment in Tucson looks like. This is a view from the outside.Now that I look at it, it kind of reminds me of a prison, but it does not feel that way at all. It's actually quite nice inside with A/C and ceiling fans. The water from the tap does only come out warm or hot, but that may be a function of the summer weather. Also, a prison wouldn't have a view like this off the back porch.

We've actually laughed a lot about the tiny streets lined with "picturesque" desert landscape in Old Tucson. The streets are tiny and most driveways are gravel. However, we are minutes away from busy shopping centers, restaurants, and downtown. The home is nice as well and we're happy to be here. I start work tomorrow morning!

5 comments:

Ned and Linda said...

Okay, so are the double doors shown in this photo your entrance into your apartment? It looks awful, but I've heard good things about it from you when you went down earlier on your search trip. I can see your two cars so I know "this is the place" but I honestly thought it was a trick photo and joke blog entry until I recognized your cars. I'm hoping this Tucson experience is better than it looks! Love you both, Mom

Ashlee said...

I want to see the inside. I'm sure John will have a sarcastic comment for you!

Danny McMillan said...

Looks like your backyard is a perfect runway! Plus, you can do some mad off-roading with the bike. How was worky today? I reckon it'll take you a few weeks to learn the ropes. I decided that as an employee of UOP dental school, I can make the school great, rather than the school making me great. I'm giving a lecture next week on the rubber dam. Should be good, and if kids be sleeping, I'll shine the laser in their face. How's Don Pepe? The Mazuda? My dad wants a mazda. Just had the FORD repaired under warranty, the gearshift selector solenoid was bad. The reason FORD is going under is because of their warranties on bad products. FORD has to pay for these ridiculous repairs. Oh well, have a good day! Did you really patent that shower cap?

Jenn said...

Henry would go CRAZY with all of that dirt! We'll remember to bring our dump trucks, bulldozers, and excavators when we come to visit you :) I seriously can't believe how "wild wild west" it looks. I'm sure you'll have lots of great adventures. Good luck with work!
Jenn

Nate and Annie said...

It sounds like everything is going well. You're right though it is rather "prisonesque" from the outside, but I'm sure it's fabulous. Good luck with work starting and everything!