Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New England

Following our Outer Banks Adventure, Autumn and I decided to take advantage of our time off work (or better said, lack thereof) and stay on the East Coast for another week. Neither of us had been to New England, so we decided to ride up to Boston with Ben and Jenn and see the Revolutionary War sites and make a huge loop of New England. We had a great time and saw some amazing things, as the pictures below will show. One of my favorites was the New Bedford Whaling Museum, while Autumn loved the mansions in Newport, RI, particularly The Breakers. Take a look at the slideshow if you have a few minutes and we think you'll enjoy it.

3 comments:

Danny McMillan said...

I like the bronze statues. There was a program on TV about casting. When they make bronze bells, they get the best sound with 80% copper, 20% tin. If they cool it the molten metal too fast, a crack will result when it is rung, like the liberty bell. Looks like you guys saw some great historic sites. Yeah, the BYU bell tower is wicked boring. At least the carillon has real bells!

Ned and Linda said...

I want to do this same trip with Dad after our mission! Looks like my kind of a vacation through gorgeous country. Newport, RI and the fancy mansions as well as the NH and VT countryside, here I come. B&B's are fun too! Mom

Hoenes Family said...

Wow, that was quite a trip. I would be totally exhausted. You guys must have endless energy like Kenzi. I have done the whole buddy pass thing, but my experience was not nearly as bad as yours!