
After having my radio controlled helicopter on KSL Classifieds, craigslist, and an online helicopter forum for nearly two months, I was finally able to sell it yesterday. About a month ago a guy named Moises called me about the chopper. He's local here and was looking to get into nitro helicopters. He has two electric ones currently. He came over and we flew the chopper in the back yard and everything was good. We agreed upon a price and he said he'd go get the cash and come by and pick it up the next day. Well, that was the last I heard of Moises and I assumed he'd decided he didn't want it or couldn't get the cash together.
A few other people have called or expressed some interest, but they didn't end up coming to fruition. I actually had someone offer to just buy the chopper and engine last week, but that wasn't going to be really awesome for me because I'd have to sell all of the electronic separately. Anyway, it was not going anywhere fast.
Then, out of the blue, Moises called me back yesterday morning and said he had been able to get the money together (less $20 from what we'd originally agreed upon) and would like to come buy it if it was still for sale! I thought about it a bit and called him back and he came over yesterday afternoon and the deal was done.
I really liked the chopper and enjoyed flying it, but it was always such an expensive endeavor that I was too afraid to crash it. Because I was afraid of a costly wreck, I never really dared do much and did not get better. Anyway, I just didn't fly it too much and needed to be rid of it, so I'm glad I sold it. Plus, I made a deal with Autumn that after I sold it I could buy myself a trainer power kite, so that is what I'll spend a few minutes tomorrow morning doing! I do have a lot of hobbies, but I suppose as long as I am willing to trade one for another, it is manageable!
2 comments:
Dan,
I have to tell you that I thought your "golden rule" music video you made with Kali was hilarious. I watched it on her blog.
J.D.B
don't get rid of your fun hobbies, you never know when you'll want to do them with future little danonians...I guess you could always buy it again. Have fun kite shopping.
Post a Comment