Sunday, April 20, 2008

New Kite!!



As many of you may know, I have been excited about getting a traction/power kite for a while now. I was able to convince Autumn that I should get one once I sold the helicopter. However, that was taking too long, so I changed the deal such that I could get the kite either when I sold the helicopter, graduated from college, or got a job. Well, last weekend the helicopter sold, and it was getting close to graduation, so I bought the kite.
It came in one day, but unfortunately, I was headed out of town for interviews, so I was not able to fly it. Well, yesterday afternoon we got to take it out to the big field by our church and it was so cool! I didn't know there was an instructional DVD accompanying the kite until I found it at the bottom of the kite bag at the flying field. Well, I'd watched on YouTube how to set it up, so we just put it together and started flying it. It flies very nicely and has a strong pull in a good breeze. I think we were pushing 15 mph wind yesterday, so it was pulling hard enough that it would have easily made me move on a skateboard or snowboard.
I'm very excited to take it with me to the beach at our family reunions this summer. I think the nieces and nephews will enjoy playing with it a lot and it is small enough that the older ones should be able to play with it without fear of it being too powerful for them. It also has a safety leash that hooks to your arm, so in an emergency you just let go and the kite powers down automatically but won't fly away.
I am praying for wind for tomorrow so I can fly it again!

No comments: