Every time I look out the window of my student carrel I am reminded of how blessed I am to be inside a warm building. I see the construction workers pouring cement while they work on the Tanner Building parking lot (just North of this webshot) and know that it is eight degrees outside and my ears and hands hurt just walking from my car to the building. I'm not sure how they keep the concrete from freezing either. It is a good motivation to study hard and do well in school so I never have to spend my days doing that!Just beyond the construction I see the towering peaks of Timpanogos and then I really have a hard time concentrating on my work.
Davis and Camille just got married and moved in below us. It has kind of been fun to have someone else around, but at the same time, we can smell everything they cook as the aroma is sucked up into the furnace return and blown all over our house, we hear them come in and out, and can hear voices when they talk really loud. I am kind of glad that we don't live in a really expensive place at the same time. Well, except when I sit on the toilet seat in the morning and it's freezing because the window above it only almost shuts, so the cold air falls down the wall behind the toilet. There are so many other things I would rather spend my money on (like putting it in my savings account) that it really isn't bad living somewhere cheap though.
School is going well. I'm really liking my negotiations class. It teaches you all about the tricks that used car salesmen use to make you feel uniformed and like the ball is in their court. Some of it is a bit intuitive, but there is much to be learned there as well. I had to drop my crucial conversations course, which I'm sad about, but the teacher gave me the books anyway, so I can still read about it in all my spare time.
No comments:
Post a Comment