As if they could hear my frustrations written on this blog, I got a phone call from Boeing offering me a job last night! Surprised? I was. They only called to let me know they were offering it to me and are going to send me most of the details later. Unfortunately, because I was applying for all type of jobs on their online career website, based on the salary they offered me, this job is apparently an entry-level, non-MBA type job. The salary is actually less than I was making when I left ATK (just a hair more than where I started), so unless I have some incredible negotiation skills and they really need me badly, we will not be taking it. It is in Everett, Washington, which we would not at all be opposed about, but the cost of living is significantly higher than Utah for sure. Anyway, it was good news to get an offer at all, even if it is one that I don't have much expectation for! Actually, I have been less than impressed with Boeing's hiring/HR system. The only contact I had with a real person for this job was a 45 minute interview over the phone that was cut short because they called me late. Everyone else I've interviewed with has been very excited about making me understand the position, meet some of the people I'd be working with, tour the facility, etc. to get an overall feel for the position. I don't even have a clue what I'd really be doing at this Boeing job. They should take a hint from some of their competitors as far as hiring goes.
I also talked to the Raytheon recruiter last night. He said they were waiting on paperwork from one of the two positions they are going to offer me. While I wasn't thrilled that he didn't have all the information, any information and contact is good. As for Sikorsky, who knows what they're doing? :-)
I just dropped our Mitsubishi off at the dealer for the second time in a week's time to have them look at the transmission. It appears that it is having some trouble shifting into 4th gear. The computer says it's the synchronizer for 4th, which makes sense considering that about once every 50 miles or so between 30-40 mph the car makes a grinding sound and then lurches as it finds the gear. We have 59,242 miles on it, with a 60,000 mile power train warranty, so we are hoping beyond hope that it is a major problem, they can find it without too much difficulty, replace some stuff (preferably the whole transmission), and we'll be on our way. Of course, it is very difficult to replicate the problem and we are nervous they're just going to tell us to change the transmission fluid like they did last week and send us on our way. Don Pepe (the Mitsubishi) needs your prayers and faith. :-) I rollerbladed the 3.5 miles home and left Don Pepe in their care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's time to get aggressive with the mitsubishi dealer in case they dismiss you with new tranny fluid. Say things like, "You gotta be kidding me. Are you the manager? I want to speak to the manager. I am VERY upset." You don't have to yell, but you don't give them any wiggle room. Don't leave until you get what you want. Practice those negotiation skills! Perhaps, "So you're telling me that you can't find anything. Did you drive the car over 50 miles through all gears? And the car performed to spec? Would you guarantee it for another 60,000?" Anyway, congratulations on your boeing offer, even if it is weak. Maybe raytheon will pull through. I got another day at the practice where things are going really well. I'm stoked!
Those stinking people need to get on the ball! I am really disappointed that Raytheon is being so slow about things after we spoke so highly of them! I am frustrated for you! I really hope someone give you the answers you are looking for soon! (preferably Raytheon!) Our prayers are with you guys. We know how frustrating this process can be!
Post a Comment