
Autumn and I had one of the most enjoyable Memorial Day weekends I can remember. Everyone keeps telling us to enjoy life all we can before we have kids because things will change and the time will not be our own. We have been doing our best and feel that we have taken advantage of it all.
The weekend started off by sleeping in on Saturday. Then, around noon we took a hike up Battlecreek Canyon, a new canyon for both of us above Pleasant Grove. Ben, this is the canyon you, me, Paul, and Brooke took Yoda to when we slid in that nasty mud and pegged the fence post. Except now all of that 4WD area is off limits. :-) The canyon was beautiful and we hiked up around 2,000' of elevation and several miles. It had a beautiful view of Utah Lake and the surrounding area.

The canyon has a nice waterfall and a place to rappel, so we hope to go back and spend an FHE evening there or something. It would be very cool and relaxing, but the hike can be quite strenuous too if you want. Anyway, for anyone in the area, I recommend it.
Sunday was a fairly normal day, though we did take the evening to go to the park and read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes on a blanket as the sun went down. It was really fun and good reading too. We've done that for a few weeks now and always enjoy a short Sherlock mystery before bed.
Monday morning we tried to get out early, but ended up sleeping in again. Whoops. Oh well, no obligations, right? We wanted to get to Magleby's Fresh in Provo for breakfast, but when we got there, the line was unsightly! We headed over to Denny's and got ourselves stuffed full of eggs and bacon and then spent the morning at BYU's Museum of Art looking at Victorian paintings and photographs of the Geneva Steel demolition project. It was really nice. I probably like the Geneva Steel pictures as much as anything, but there were some enjoyable Victorian pieces too.
We zipped home for a light lunch, and then headed up to the Sundance parking lot to hike to Stewart Falls. We have both been there from the Aspen Grove area, but didn't want to pay the $6 entrance fee when we knew we could get there from Sundance for free. This is the hike we took from Timp Lodge as kids, but I didn't remember it AT ALL , so it was new and fun. In addition, it began to drizzle, and then to pour on us about a mile into the hike. We pulled out our rain coats and kept on trucking. It turned out to be really fun despite the downpour and we returned in great spirits and highly saturated. Here are a few pics.

I carried that nasty banana all the way up and back, thinking I'd eat it. It's still sitting on top of our fridge. Yuck!
We finished out the evening watching a movie at our house. It was great fun. I am so happy to be married to Autumn and we have such a great time together. I am learning a lot about life, love, others, and me by being with her, which is a great opportunity.
3 comments:
Nothing makes me happier than to know that you and Autumn are happy together! You searched long enough and found what you were looking for! You two make a great team and your life with children will be different but just as much fun . . . I can promise you that! Mom
Glad you had such a fun weekend--I would love to get out of our 90 degree weather and up in the canyon for a nice hike! Mom's right--you will enjoy life with kids, it will just be VERY different. :)
You've always had a thing for old fruit. Remember the banana we used to keep in our locker in high school? Remember the apple cider where we had to release the pressure to avoid explosions? He he.
So you slept in? What does that mean? I slept in until 8:03 the other day. I usually get up before 7:30 even if I don't have anything to do.
Post a Comment