
A broken seal dust cover

Starboard slider tube removed

Draining the oil from the tube
Custom tooling. I needed this to seat the new seal. It only worked so-so. It was still a little too sharp and I ended up making a few marks on the top edge of the seal. It should not negatively affect the seal performance though.I rode up the Squaw Peak road after the repair and it seems to be working. I haven't been on the bike for a few days, so I need to go check on it to make sure the repair was successful on the long-term. Good fun!





2 comments:
Nice work, mate. The parts look just like mine. Whose bike was next to the house? I need to do my chain soon. I will be working for the dental school starting in July, and a colleague has the chain breaker tool, so I'll just wait until then. What about Raytheon? What position is available?
you did a great job! what an engineer!
Post a Comment