
About a week ago, Autumn was emptying the dishwasher and she found this small, round rubber seal. It was in the bottom of the dishwasher and we have no idea what it does, what it's for, or how it ended up in the bottom of our dishwasher. It is not part of the door seal and we don't believe it came off any of our pots or anything that were in there at the time. I looked online for replacement parts for our Hotpoint GE dishwasher, but I could not see anything that looked like this in any of the schematics. The dishwasher seems to be functioning fairly well still (it's not that great of a dishwasher, let's be honest), but we thought it was funny that parts of it are flying out. It did spew soap out of the bottom of the door once, but that was before the mysterious rubber piece arrived.

I wanted to post a picture of our house for anyone who might be interested in seeing where we live too. I really was most impressed with that massive icicle hanging off the corner of the roof. I think the fact that most of the snow is melted off our roof means that we have poor insulation and we are basically heating the whole world. No wonder this little old place is drafty! We like it though and feel grateful to have a place we can call home for a little while. It will always be our first apartment together, and I think that means something special regardless of its condition! If I feel up to the task, I may even try to post a video tour of inside. I just don't know how to post videos on here yet.
1 comment:
Ooh! I like it! It's really nice for me to picture where you two live. Are you the only people that live in the house? It's cute! We would love to see a video tour. You can post them straight through blogger now (just like uploading a picture) if you don't have a youtube or vimeo account. I'm glad you're posting more often now -- it's so nice to know everything you're up to. Keep up the good work!
Jenn
Post a Comment